Apply for a summer internship:
Senator Barry R. Finegold (D-Andover) is looking for applications to his summer 2019 internship program. Interns will work in the Senator’s State House office and will have the opportunity to witness the legislative process firsthand. Interns should be hard working, organized, and passionate about local and state government. Though the internship might be specifically suited to political science, government, or public policy students, all majors are encouraged to apply. Current high school, college, law, or other graduate students are all eligible, and the program will be tailored based on the individual intern’s interests and experience. Spanish language skills and ties to the Senator’s district are a plus.
The internship will include:
• Attending the MA Legislature Summer Internship Program, a nine-week speaker series designed for State House interns to hear from some of the most influential people in Massachusetts government. Past speakers have included former and current Governors, Senate Presidents, Attorneys General, and other elected officials.
• Embarking on an independent research project on a relevant public policy issue.
• Attending and summarizing policy briefings and committee hearings.
• Analyzing legislative and budget requests from constituents, lobbyists, and others.
• Assisting the staff with daily office operations.
Some need-based funding is available to students not receiving a stipend from their school or university.
Those interested in the internship should email their resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com.